I make this recipe in the Thermomix and usually bake it in one of my air fryers. I have baked it in the Kmart 11 litre 3-1 and the Phillips XXL in the baking dish and both turned out perfectly. I have also baked it in the oven in our old caravan. This is easy to cook, healthy and delicious!
1 large brown onion, peeled and quartered
2-3 cloves garlic, peeled (I use fermented garlic where possible)
1/4 bunch parsley
50g corn kernels
1 carrot, roughly chopped
1 zucchini, roughly chopped
20g olive oil or butter
500g milk of choice
50g tapioca/arrowroot flour
1 heaped Tbsp. vegetable stock concentrate
2 Tbsp curry powder
80g grated cheese
50g grated cheese, additional for topping
425g tin of Tuna in Springwater
Salt and Pepper to taste
350-400g pasta (I used organic gluten free) and this is optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C. If using air fryer, pre-heating is not necessary.
- Cook pasta if using, according to packet directions on the stove or microwave.
- Place all vegetables and parsley in bowl.
- Blitz on speed 5 seconds/speed 8.
- Add oil and cook 4 minutes/100°C/speed 1.
- Add butter, milk, arrowroot flour and stock concentrate.
- Cook 7 minutes/90°C/speed 4.
- Add 70g cheese, tuna and (optional) pepper.
- Cook 4 minutes/90°C/reverse.
- Combine tuna with pasta and pour into one large baking dish or 2 smaller dishes. (I use 2 smaller dishes for the air fryers)
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 180°C for 15-25 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly. This is the same for conventional oven and Air Fryer.
- Serve on it’s own or with a side of cauliflower mash.
- Omit pasta for a lower carb recipe
- Omit curry powder if you’re not a huge fan
- Replace carrot and corn with broccoli for a lower carb option