We we eat pancakes a lot, at least a couple of times a week. I’ve tried heaps of different recipes and while there are a few good ones, I find this to be the best! These are gluten free, dairy free, sugar free and lower in carbs than traditional pancakes, although not as ‘low carbs’ as some other of my recipes (that contain dairy).
They are fluffy and ‘flippable’ which I love … OK, I love watching Chris flip them! He’s pretty good at it, and I love his facial expressions before, during after. Lol.
- 250g blanched almond flour (the lighter coloured one)
- 250g tapioca flour (arrowroot flour)
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 5 eggs
- 500-700 g coconut milk (or milk of choice, or even water) Add more for thinner pancakes and less for thicker
- Optional sweetener of choice (we don’t use one)
- Combine all ingredients really well (I use my thermomix and give it a really good blitz).
- Cook one side in a preheated pan over medium heat until bubbles form and then flip (give it a go!) to cook the other side.