I’m sure most of us have heard of bullet-proof coffee. Chris loves it! I’m not so keen on coffee but felt like I was missing out on this delicious, warm, filling way to start the day.
So one morning when I asked my daughter Charli what she felt like for breakfast and she said “something small”, my brain started ticking over…
Usually on mornings like that I would whip up some sort of delicious breakfast smoothie with all sorts of yummy, filling, nutritious ingredients. The only problem with that idea … wass that it was only 13°C outside! That’s far too cold for us to be drinking something icy cold
And so the fat hot chocolate was born!
Charli was ‘Oh Yummmmmm’ing’ straight away. I didn’t even have time to snap a pic of her with a full mug!
Everything was thrown into the thermomix and blitzed for about 10 seconds. A normal blender or even a food processor will work fine for this. What was thrown in there? Well, I’m glad you asked
- 2 Tbsp. raw organic cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter (solid is fine)
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil (solid or liquid)
- 1/2 – 1tsp. cinnamon powder (adjust according to taste)
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 100ml thick cream (dollop cream is great)
- 500 ml boiling water
- A few drops of Nirvana Organics liquid stevia (I used chocolate flavoured but plain would be fine too) or sweetener of choice
- Add it all to the blender/food processor and blitz.
- Taste and adjust to your liking.
- Drink up!
You could also mix with a stick blender or just mix it right in the mug adjusting the ingredients. It won’t be as ‘well incorporated’ but it will taste just fine. Use enough water for the size mugs you are using. Add more cream for a ‘less watery’ drink. And if you’re making it for someone who prefers it sweeter and doesn’t mind extra carbs (like my son!) add a tsp of rice malt syrup.