This recipe contains about 5g of carbs per 50g serve when made with xylitol only (no honey or rice malt syrup).
It is definitely more Paleo than LCHF, so please take this into account.
- 600g apples UNPEELED (depending on size) preferably organic (or at least soaked/rinsed well)
- 80 g water
- 2 Tbsp. Xylitol (or stevia) optional (omit if adding honey or rice malt syrup)
- ½ tsp. citric acid or lemon juice
- Core and quarter the apples, leaving the peel on. (feel free to remove peel if apples aren’t organic)
- Put apples and water into TM bowl and chop for 30 seconds on speed 4.
- Open lid, scrape down the sides of the bowl with spatula (add citric acid and sweetener if using)
- Cook at 90C for 9 minutes on speed 4.
- For a smoother consistency, blend for about 30 seconds gradually increasing to speed 8.
Optional Flavour Additions:
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. maple extract, 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. mixed spice, 1-2 Tbsp. Raw honey
- 1 tsp. mixed spice, 1-2 Tbsp. Rice malt syrup
- If the applesauce is too thick, add more water to thin it out.
- Add more or less sweetener to suit your preference.
- If too sweet, add more lemon juice or citric acid.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Freezes well and will last at least a year when frozen. When freezing, make sure you use jars specifically labeled for freezing and only fill ¾ full to allow for expansion.
- I usually make a triple batch and it will last 12 months as we eat it so infrequently.
- Pork chops and savoury dishes
- Cottage cheese as a snack or light lunch
- Vanilla ice cream (low carb) or yogurt
- custard recipe here: http://www.mimfit.net/almost-dairy-free-custard/
- Use in recipes to add a sweeter apple flavour (can be used in place of oil)
(Visited 17 times, 1 visits today)