This gluten-free chicken soup is so deliciously creamy and smooth, you would hardly know there’s chicken in it!
- 50 g parmesan cheese, cubed
- 500 g chicken thighs, roughly chopped
- 600 g milk of choice
- 300 g chicken broth (see notes)
- 1 large potato, cubed (option to peel)
- 2 egg yolks
- 50 g butter
- 100 g cream
- Salt & pepper to taste (I use Herbamere)
- Place Parmesan into the Thermomix bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10. Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Place chicken in bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 7.
- Add milk, water, broth and potato and cook 15 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add Parmesan and, butter and egg yolks and blend 2 min gradually increasing to speed 10.
- Add cream and blend 20 sec/speed 10.
- Serve as is or with crumbled bacon pieces and herbs of choice.
- If too thick, add more milk or water and blend 20 sec/speed 10.
- Substitute 300 g water and 1 chicken stock cube for chicken broth.
- I have forgotten to add the cream, and it’s been fine!
- Be creative and let me know what you come up with in the comments 🙂