My air fryer never ceases to amaze me. Sure, it does great sweet potato fries and an INSANELY delicious pork belly roast, but did you know you can do simple things like fry and even ‘BOIL’ EGGS in your air fryer?
Try this and let me know how you go! I haven’t ‘boiled’ an egg in water for years.
This method is so easy and it’s never not worked for me. But – if it goes wrong for you, please don’t blame me! Lol. I have the Philips XXL 2225w air fryer so you may need to modify according to what you are using.
- Raw eggs. I cook between 4-6 at any one time. No need to bring to room temp – straight out of the fridge is fine!
- Preheat the air fryer to 120° C for about 3 minutes
- Place the eggs in the airfryer basket or baking dish (I use the baking dish accessory).
- Cook for 16 minutes
- Remove from the air fryer, and pop them in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes
- Peel the eggs, slice the tops off … or paint them. Whatever it is you want do with your ‘hard boiled’ eggs!