Having been diagnosed with an egg intolerance certainly makes finding a good bread recipe hard! Thankfully, this now exists and is a regular for me. I have made it a few ways; once I accidentally left out the ACV and it turned out fine. I have also made it once using a store bought egg replacer (1 Tbps.) and it turned out really well too. Have a play and see what works best for you in your kitchen PS. Over time my egg intolerance has reduced so I am able to eat them, just not overdo it!
- 1/2c (65g) pysllium husk powder
- 2/3c (85g) almond meal/flour (the blanched/lighter coloured one)
- 1/3c (30g) coconut flour
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. pink salt
- 1c boiling water
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil melted
I used my thermomix, but you could easily use a normal food processor or bowl.
- Place pysllium husk powder, almond meal, coconut flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt into bowl/thermi/food processor and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Pour boiling water in while mixing gently.
- Add acv, butter and coconut oil.
- Continue mixing until a dough is formed.
- Spread dough into a greased bread/baking tin. (I use a silicone one).
- Bake at 180C for about 45 minutes or until top is brown and it is cooked through.
- Cool in baking tin for about 20 minutes before removing and letting cool completely on rack (I fast track this by popping it straight into the fridge in the baking tin!).
- Store in refrigerator or freezer. It should last a few days on the bench if the weather isn’t too hot. I choose to slice and then refrigerate.
- Add some garlic and onion powder
- Add some mixed herbs
- Add whatever you like and see how it turns out! lol